Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Out-of-print CDs Sought

I’m wishing to acquire some of the albums in the long-since-out-of-print Maranatha! Colours series—specifically titles that were by or included tracks by Harlan Rogers and Smitty Price.

What’s challenging for me is that I don’t possess a complete list of albums they were involved with. All I know is that I already have Hymns In Colour, Timeless: Hymns In Colour, and The Colours of Praise: Two.

The only other album I know of by Rogers and Price is simply titled Praise. It appears as though Praise may possibly be the predecessor to The Colours of Praise: Two and there’s no such title as The Colours of Praise or The Colours of Praise: One. Maybe I’m wrong. Update: turns out maybe I am, indeed, wrong. I found on Gracenote a listing for Colour of Praise by various artists. Note the lack of an ‘s’ at the end of Colour, and that this album is by various artists, even though Colours of Praise: Two is by Rogers and Price.

Rogers and Price also appear on several compilation sampler albums. I already have Spectrum and Reflection, and a copy of The Gift: A Colours Christmas is on its way to me.

So, that’s soon to be six I have in my possession. I found a copy of Praise for sale, but the dude on the eBay store is asking 40 bucks for it, plus shipping. I nearly snatched it at that price, but thought better of it. Update: I found it elsewhere, so I now have Praise as well.

If you have information where I can get any other albums or compilations, or if you have a copy you’re interested in selling, please identify yourself in a comment to this post. As always, your e-mail address will not be made public.

Update: In the months since I made this entry, I’ve found many more albums in this series but have not yet found an exhaustive list of all the albums that were published in the series. I’m still keeping watch.

As of April 8, 2006, I now have the following:

• The Wind and the Wheat
  • Timeless - Hymns In Colour
  • The Gift - A Colours Christmas
  • Palette - A Colours Sampler
  • Reflection - A Colours Sampler
  • Spectrum - The Colours Sampler

Of course, if you have others you’re looking to sell that aren’t on this list (which I will try to update as I obtain more), let me know if we can talk!

» Posted by ALBj at 11:08 PM (ET)
Category: Housekeeping

Comments

I am also looking for information about where I can purchase CD’s of Praise and Praise 2 by Harlan Ragers and Smitty Price. I checked the Maranatha site but no results when searched. Beautiful insrtumental music. I had a cassette of one of them somewhere but can not find it. If you get any leads, please let me know.

Thanks, JR

» Posted by JR
May 14, 2005 06:02 PM

look on CDNOW.com theres a praise cd for $24.95

» Posted by Lisa
May 23, 2005 02:51 PM

I have an extra original of “The Colours Of Praise Two” if anyone would like it. Artwork is like new and CD plays perfectly. Just email me.

» Posted by Chess_Challenger
July 7, 2005 10:56 PM

I am looking for Reflection: A Colours Sampler by Tom Howard, Phil Keaggy, Smitty Price and Harlan Rogers. I have a tape but need the CD. Let me know if anyone has it.

» Posted by S. Farley
July 24, 2005 08:17 PM

Hello ! I am someone who has enjoyed Christian music by , Rogers and Price on my Christian radio station from MBI Broadcasting Network for many years and I always wanted to know where get CD’s The Colours Of Praise is probably the album , that I am looking for and I have heard some the worship Songs like Psalms 5 Medley , Humble Thyself and Many other songs . Is there anyway that I could find the album Colours Of Praise and Could send me some listing Clips from some of albums ? Thanks ! Rachel L . Renaud Of Shepherdstown , West Virgignia

» Posted by Rachel L . Renaud
December 7, 2005 09:15 PM

I noticed some of your titles that you have listed and was wondering if you are selling any of them or possibly could tell me where you purchased them. I am inquiring about: The Harvest, A Time for Peace, Spectrum, and A Time for Joy. Please email me if you have any information. Thank you, VJ.

» Posted by VJ
February 28, 2006 01:48 PM

VJ - I got all but two from sellers on eBay. The other two I bought new way back when they came out. Sorry, but no, I’m currently not selling any of these.

» Posted by Lee Bennett
February 28, 2006 02:56 PM

Hi guys…. ABout this Colours music, I have a few of them on LP and I am mixing them all down to mp3s. I am in broadcasting and I am looking for “You are my hiding place” by Harlan that was on the first Colours LP. I am working on a syndicated show and this is going to be the theme song. Does anyone have a copy of this I can buy or that you could donate? You can reach me at daddyogrady@aol.com
Thanks

» Posted by Kevin
March 20, 2006 04:00 PM

Personally, I’m only looking for CDs and have no interest in digitized analog copies.

On a tangent, I hope you’re contacting Maranatha music on the matter you described. The music may be out of print, but it’s still copyrighted and you’re going to need to license it for a syndicated show.

» Posted by Lee Bennett
March 20, 2006 07:19 PM

Sorry, due to comment spam abuse, new comments on this entry are closed until I find time to upgrade Movable Type and enable registration and moderation.